Upcoming Training :
Fundamental Movement Skills – September 29, 2018 $15.00
The learning activities in this workshop will prepare you to:
- Detect and correct basic errors for fundamental movement skills in participants so they have a choice to adopt a healthy, active lifestyle
- Apply a teaching process to fundamental movement skillAdapt fundamental movement skills for participants with intellectual, physical, sensory or behavioural disabilities
- Lead activities that will promote the development of fundamental movement skills in a safe, responsible manner while interacting with other
- Provide stage-appropriate feedback to encourage and develop fundamental movement skills in participants
Check out these websites:
- PISE MEGA Physical Literacy Document – a fantastic document with lots of ideas for activities and games to play with children and youth!
- Resources from Northumberland Families on the Move (May 5, 2018) – find all the resources from the various presenters at the Northumberland Physical Literacy Summit.
- Physical Literacy Lesson Plan Template Grades K-3 – find games, cues and discussion points to lead a physically literate activity in grades K, 1, 2, and 3
- Physical Literacy Lesson Plan Template Grade 4-5 – find games, cues and discussion points to lead a physically literate activity in grades 4 and 5