… so ALL kids can play!
KidSport Northumberland is a local charity that helps get more children and youth who live in Northumberland county involved in sport and physical activities by removing the financial barriers.
KidSport Northumberland’s mission is to help families overcome financial barriers so that all kids have the opportunity to participate in organized sport and thrive within our community by providing funds for registration AND equipment costs.
- Grants range from $1.00-$250.00
- Grants are generally for children and youth under the ages of 18 years old
- Grants are available for children and youth who currently live in Northumberland County
How to Apply for a KidSport Northumberland Grant
Applying is easy! Do you have a service worker, teacher, community organization rep or pastor that can verify you could use assistance with getting your child into organized sport? Don’t worry about submitting financial documents, just get them to write you an endorsement letter and attach it to your application.
More info about Applying to KidSport Northumberland
- Applications must be submitted AS SOON AS POSSIBLE before the start of the activity.
- The application will require:
- Child’s information
- Parent/guardian’s information
- The sports organization you are requesting funding for and their address/ information
- Sports club registration form
- Endorsement: third-party verification of the social and or economic barriers impacting the family that may or may not be depicted in the income verification
- This can be a social services organization, family worker, teacher, pastor
Please call or email us with any questions!
Donations are always welcome!
Email Northumberland Sports Council: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or ideas on fundraising events!
KidSport Northumberland would like to thank the Port Hope Lawn Bowling Club for their very generous donation of $5890.00 (WOW!!!). The Port Hope Lawn Bowling Club has been true advocate for sport and recreation locally in Port Hope since 1900. Due to decreasing club membership the remaining members decided it was time to close down and look for ways to continue their legacy of sport and community through legacy donations. KidSport Northumberland was very fortunate to be 1 of 6 local charities that received some of this funding.
Barbra Gard (treasurer of the Port Hope Lawn Bowling Club) told us it was important for the group to donate to local charities that would help improve our community and continue the legacy of Port Hope Lawn Bowling Club’s love for sport, wellness and healthy active living.
KidSport Northumberland is a local charity that provides financial support for registration and equipment for youth in Northumberland to play sports or participate in physical activities. Did you know that 1 in 3 Canadian families can’t afford the costs associated with organized sport and physical activity?! If you or someone you know could use some help funding your child or youth’s physical activities email KidSport Northumberland at email@example.com