Resources to help you include more Physically Literate programming into your day-to-day activities!
- Maximum Engagement in Physical Activities activity suggestions based on age – MY FAVOURITE RESOURCE!
- Run, Jump Throw Resource
- Multi-Cultural Community Activities
- PLayTubs Flipbook copy
- FMS Phases PowerPoint (pdf)
- Physical Literacy in the Early Years
- Movement Preparation Guide -resource
- Lesson Plan for Gr. 4-6 – PISE Resource
- Lesson Plan for K- 3 -PISE Resource
- Active for Life S4L Resource- Keeping Adults Active Resource
- Visit our Physical Literacy Page for more great resources and information on physical literacy!
What are people saying about this training?
When: August 21, 2019
FUNdamental Movement Skills – 8:00am- 1:00pm
Quality Physical Literacy Experiences – 2:00pm – 6:00pm
Where: Hastings Field House
Cost: FUNdamental Movement Skills + Quality Physical Literacy Experience = $140.00
FUNdamental Movement Skills= $50.00
Do you live or work in Campbellford/ Seymour? Let us know so you can get your Trent Hills PLAY Skills training discount thanks to the Campbellford Seymour Community Foundation!
To register email or call Molly: firstname.lastname@example.org
What: The Sport for Life Society, Coaching Association of Canada, and HIGH FIVE® have come together to support recreation leaders, coaches, and others in becoming a Physical Literacy Instructor. The Physical Literacy Instructor Program is a blended e-learning and in-person training experience that provides the opportunity for an individual to become a recognized Physical Literacy Instructor. The purpose of the four training modules is to equip front-line physical activity workers with the ability to design and deliver quality programs which effectively enhance the development of physical literacy. Upon completion of the Physical Literacy Instructor Program, participants will be able to recognize, use, and implement quality physical activity programs which support the development of physical literacy.
The program has four training modules which combine text-based information, video, interactive elements, and in-person workshops for the learner to acquire the knowledge and understanding to develop physical literacy. Learn more here!
- Sport for Life Introduction to Physical Literacy (online) Do this course first!
- HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development or HIGH Five Sport (in-person workshop)
- NCCP Fundamental Movement Skills (in-person workshop) OFFERED AT THIS WORKSHOP
- Sport for Life Quality Physical Literacy Experiences (in-person workshop) OFFERED AT THIS WORKSHOP
Learners are required to successfully complete all four training modules and related learning activities to receive a certificate of achievement.
Participants who successfully complete all four training modules will receive the following:
- Downloadable / Printable certificate of achievement (does not expire)
- Formal recognition as a Physical Literacy Instructor
Who should take this training?
- Recreation management & staff working to design, develop, and deliver physical activity and quality sport programs
- Sport coaches and instructors who design, develop, and deliver sport programs
- Education staff (i.e. teachers, early childhood educators, support staff)
- Public health staff
- … anyone responsible for the delivery of physical activity programs