Find articles, tips, and tools to help foster leadership within your organization!
Becoming a Sport for Life Community
CS4L links sport, education, recreation and health, and aligns community, provincial and national programming.
Find articles, websites and other resources to help attract and retain volunteers!
- 8 Ways to Keep Volunteers- article
- Managing and Retaining Volunteers – website
Grants or funding will be shared on this page to help support your sports and recreation programs or organization!
Northumberland United Way – Community Impact Investment
- Expression of Intrest is open August 1- September 27, 2018 (due at noon!) Follow this link to submit an expression of interest!
- Will hear if you have been chosen to submit an application by November 30, 2018
- Applications are due on January 17, 2019
- You’ll be notified if you have received a grant by April 2, 2019
- Distribution of funds by July 1, 2019
Funding will be allocated to projects that will generate maximum impact, creating lasting change for children and youth (up to the age of 21), in the following areas:
- Education programming to help children reach their full potential
- Programming supporting healthy children
- Building safe, kid-friendly communities
- Services for children and youth with special needs and their families
- Programs that promote the interest of children and youth
- Mental health programs for children and youth
These projects would be delivered by:
- charitable organizations
- registered non-profit organizations
- elementary and high school groups
- local community or Aboriginal groups
Does your organization have an access policy or a concussion policy in place? Find templates and tips for policy development!
- Concussion Policy Template – Parachute Canada
- What is a concussion?
- Information about Rowan’s Law
- What information goes into an access policy? Statements on:
- Eliminating access to equipment as a barrier
- Promoting free opportunities for physical activity
- Streamlining the process to access financial support relating to participation
- Promoting the benefits of physical activity as a foundation for a healthy community
- Access Policy Templates
- Join IN Toolkit is a grassroots approach to help volunteer-run organizations increase registration by removing financial barriers to participation and increasing accessibility for everyone.
Truth and Reconciliation – Sport and Reconciliation
- We call upon the federal government to amend the Physical Activity and Sport Act to support reconciliation by ensuring that policies to promote physical activity as a fundamental element of health and well-being, reduce barriers to sports participation, increase the pursuit of excellence in sport, and build capacity in the Canadian sport system, are inclusive of Aboriginal peoples.
Play By the Rules
- Play by the Rules provides information, resources, tools and free online training to increase the capacity and capability of administrators, coaches, officials, players, parents, and spectators to assist them in preventing and dealing with discrimination, harassment, child safety, inclusion and integrity issues in sport.
- Visit the Play By the Rules website here!
Build sustainability within your sports organization from the top down! Find resources, tips, and tricks on how to build a well-functioning governing board here.
Having an Impact: Awareness and Management of Concussions in Northumberland
When: April 25, 2019 6:00-7:30pm
Where: Cobourg Community Centre
Sector Source is a project of Imagine Canada and the legacy of the Nonprofit Library and Risk Management and Insurance and Liability Resource Centre.
- The Sector Source is a single location for charities and nonprofits to access selected professional material about managing, developing and overseeing their organizations.
- Visit the Sector Source website here.