KidSport Northumberland works to ensure every child and youth in Northumberland county has access to sport and physical activities! KidSport Northumberland’s mission is to help families overcome financial barriers so that all kids have the opportunity to participate in organized sport and thrive within our community by providing funds for registration AND equipment costs.
- The KidSport program was introduced to Ontario in 2000 by Sports Alliance Ontario (SAO)
- KidSport Works to ensure that every child and youth has access to sport and recreation in their community
- Grants range from $50.00-$250.00
- KidSport considers social and economic barriers facing the child’s family when determining eligibility
- Grants are for children and youth under the ages of 18 years old
- Grants are only available for youth who currently live in Northumberland County
Grants through KidSport
- The KidSport application form and grant guidelines can be found at www.kidsportcanada.ca./ontario/northumberland
- Applications must be submitted 45 days before the start of the activity
- The application will require:
- Child’s information
- Parent/guardian’s information
- The sports organization you are requesting funding for and their address/ information
- Sports club registration form
- A quote from the sports organization/ retailer
- Income verification and documents that prove income
- Endorsement: third-party verification of the social and or economic barriers impacting the family that may or may not be depicted in the income verification
- This can be a social services organization, family worker, teacher, pastor
KidSport Northumberland Boston Pizza Student-Athlete of the Month
KidSport Northumberland and Boston Pizza Cobourg want to recognize all the amazing and physically active children and youth in our community with a $50.00 gift card to Boston Pizza and a featured story in the Northumberland News!
The KidSport Athlete of the Month will receive a $50.00 gift card to Boston Pizza Cobourg. Non-winning worthy nominations will be automatically re-entered in the following month(s) draw. The student who is nominated for this award must be an athlete or participate in a physical activity in Northumberland County. This award is primarily based on the student athlete’s attitude and commitment towards the team, sport and or activity. This means they do not have to be the most skillful athlete, just one who fits the criteria below!
Get the PDF nomination form here: KidSport Northumberland BP Athlete of the Month Application
More info email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations are always welcome!
Email Northumberland Sports Council: email@example.com for more information or ideas on fundraising events!
Reuse, Recycle, Replay!
Donate your gently used sports equipment to KidSport Northumberland through Play it Again Sports Cobourg! Play It Again Sports Cobourg will make sure that the funds from the sales of the specifically donated equipment will be given to KidSport Northumberland or the equipment will be given directly to a child in need in the Northumberland county region! To learn more about how your donations can give a child a chance to play in organized sport: Call Play it Again Sports Cobourg: (905) 377-8989 Email Northumberland Sports Council: firstname.lastname@example.org